Online Teaching System
Sowa Rigpa Program
In the Sowa Rigpa Program, we present comprehensive teachings in the Tibetan Science of Healing, following the standard of the International Academy of Traditional Tibetan Medicine. Learning will be interactive, with online multimedia teachings incorporating the study of medical thangka paintings, meditative practice, and practical instruction.
Live and Recorded Classes
Courses will be taught live, with interactive video and multimedia presentations using the Adobe Connect system. With this system, each class will be recorded. This enables you to watch the recordings, which will be available shortly after completion of the class.
In addition to joining classes live and via recordings, other learning resources available on this site include:
- Course resources and presentation downloads
- Community discussion forums
- Downloadable certificates and Continuing Education credits (currently only available for US acupuncturists, pending approval per course)
Course access and recordings will be accessible online for one year.
Technical Requirements for Live Classes & Recordings
- A computer, smartphone, or tablet with an internet connection
- If you have a webcam and mic for live classes, you can use them to participate in discussions
- The live course or recording can be joined by simply opening the link from the course website in a web browser.
However, the system can work more efficiently using the Adobe Connect add-in for computers, and app for mobile devices. These can be downloaded using the links below:
Adobe Connect Add-In for computers:
Download latest Adobe Connect 9 Meeting Add-in for Windows
Download latest Adobe Connect 9 Meeting Add-in for Mac